Linda Jamii is a revolutionary family medical care product that has been developed by Britam in conjunction with Changamka Microinsurance and Safaricom. It is an inpatient and outpatient medical scheme with funeral expenses benefits built into it.
Subscribe to an e-card that enables you to save exclusively towards the purchase of health insurance for your family using MPESA.
Members are expected to seek out-patient treatment in the accredited medical facilities. A member will be required to produce their Linda Jamii e-card or unique ID number and a national identification card. The out-patient cover includes amongst others these services: consultation, laboratory services, drugs administration and dispensing.
Members are expected to seek in-patient treatment in the accredited medical facilities. A member will be required to produce their Linda Jamii e-card or unique ID number and a national identification card. The in-patient cover includes amongst others these services: consultation, laboratory services, drugs administration and dispensing, bed.
Dental treatment will include; dental consultation, cost of filling, x-rays and extractions including surgical extractions together with anesthetics fees hospital and operating theatre cost.
Optical treatment will include; cost of eye testing, cost of eye glasses, and frame.
The annual premium payable is kshs 12,000 per family per annum. This can be paid in full or in 2 equal instalments
How to Pay or Save for Linda Jamii via MPESA
1. Access the SIM tool kit on your phone / Safaricom services option
2. Go to M-pesa menu
3. Select Lipa na M-pesa (also appears as payments services in some phones)
4. Select Pay Bill and enter Business Number as 525525
5. Enter Account Number (your unique Linda Jamii number) e.g 123456
6. Enter amount you wish to pay Ksh (e.g 6000)
7. Enter PIN number (your MPESA pin)
8. Press OK. You will receive a confirmation message from MPESA.
- principal member and spouse should be between 18 – 75 years old at entry
- children covered upto 18 years
- no waiting period for accidental death
- waiting period for 60 days from insurance commencement date
- covers pre-existing and chronic conditions
- maternity (including caesarean section) is covered
member will receive renewal notification 60 days from expiry and every fortnight thereafter with advice to top up to the required minimum renewal amount of kshs 6,000.
In-patient services will be procured from Britam accredited hospitals. Present your card at hospital who will check validity and render service upon your co-pay of kshs 100/- for outpatient services.
For last respect claims, present an original burial permit, ID of deceased and ID of beneficiary to any appointed agency. They will be scanned certified and returned to you. The benefit is payable within 72 hours of notification and acceptance to the beneficiaries MPESA account.
Hospital cash claims if the principal or spouse is admitted to hospital. Benefit payable within the earlier of 48 hrs of discharge or every 7th day of confinement until expiry of 60 days confinement.
The cover shall exclude: expenses incurred by a member as a result of;
- Cosmetic surgery
- Treatment by chiropractors, acupunturists and herbalists, stays and/ or maintenance or treatment received in nature cure clinics or similar establishments or private beds registered within a nursing home, covalescent and / or rest homes.
- Massage unless necessary for treatment i.e following accident.
- Fertility treatment related to infertility and impotence
- Investigations, treatment, surgery for obesity or its sequel, cosmetic or beauty treatment and/or surgery.
- Period of stay at sanatoria, old age homes, places of rest etc.